

Wine, People, Stories
Once a month I will be sharing stories, experiences, favorite varietals/bottles, and anything else wine based off of interviews and conversations I have with people about wine. Unless noted, these are all lovely people outside of the food and beverage industry. With that in mind, let's get this going.
To start things off, this will be a correspondence I had with a dear friend of mine through e-mail, Talia.
"I learned to love wine in italy ( go figure) my third year of college. Before that time drinking was more of a party thing, so no surprise that I didn't enjoy it because I 1. kinda gulped it down and 2. Was drinking the icky cheap stuff. So, italy. There it was a whole new thing. There they drank wine around the table every night. When I first got there I was staying with a sicilian family who made their own wine. Sitting around the table trying to understand them and loving them for everything they did to make me feel welcome, I also fell in love with their wine. In italy wine was part of an overall life transition. There, I learned to relax, go slow, and enjoy the good things of life. It was mostly about truly enjoying people, but since that often went hand in hand with sitting around the dinner table, it also had a lot to do with wine. My favorite wine there(Italy) is a primitivo, here(United States) it is a zinfandel (red). I like earthy, full bodied wines. No bottle in particular, tho I really like Blackjack (yum!)"
More on Pinot Noir and Burgundy next week. Happy Holidays Everybody!!
No comments:
Post a Comment